Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The way checkraising works on the flop...

It seems this is most often how it goes. I flop top pair in early position on a rainbow board with two or three behind me. I check, someone bets, I check raise. Everyone folds but the original better will almost always call, I don't believe I've ever seen anyway fold to a check raise. But, after firing a bet on the turn, after the check raise, then the original better folds. It's crazy, and I'm trying to figure out if it's correct to always call the check raise and see the turn... so far, I think it is correct.

So, moral of the post, if you check raise in early position, be ready to fire on the turn regardless of the card that hits.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's some kind of ego thing. It looks weak to bet, then give up to a check raise.

    ReplyDelete