Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Multi Tabling Bastards lose out on a pot...

So I'm back at a table that has five MT-ers on it again. I'm in middle position with KK, get to open the pot with a raise and the guy behind me (an MT-er) calls. One other caller from the blind and the flop comes out all low. I bet, call, call. The turn brings a jack, I bet, call, fold. Just me and the MT-er and I am loving my hand for two reasons, either I have a Darth Vader Kung Fu grip on this hand, or the MT-er is crushing me and by not raising is helping me lose the least possible with overcards. The river brings an ace, my blood pressure starts going up and I check-call to see the MT-er hold A9. There was no 9 on the board. And there was no draw. And I had KK. And he cold called with A9 pre-flop. Zen and the Art of Limit Poker...

So here is where these MT-ers are not paying attention. Very next hand I am still in mid-position and I get dealt AQ. I open the pot again on a raise and I get a single caller from late position, another MT-er. The flop comes all low and I c-bet again and the MT-er folds. If he would have been able to pay attention (he was on only one other table), he should have taken into consideration that some donkey just took me on a hay ride to the river and I (by all rights) wanted to physically kill him. I was steaming and it was something I think a good player would have noticed. He would have re-raised me from position with any two cards on a low, disconnected board. HAH, I had my revenge!

Later I lost two big pots with AA and QQ, but still...

1 comment:

  1. I just got around to looking at this link and it took me a few minutes to realize this was you. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete